What Are Some of the Advantages and Benefits of Co-Managed IT Services?
In today’s world, it’s vital that your business has access to IT expertise, but that doesn’t mean it needs to be handled in-house. Many businesses are turning to outsourced, co-managed IT services, which is why this solution has seen such rapid growth. Reaching an industry growth of $107 billion in 2014 to nearly double that at $193 billion in 2019, co-managed IT services make it much simpler for you to take advantage of the benefits of digital transformation while avoiding many of the pitfalls. But why the change to managed services? Many small-to-medium businesses have a higher level of needs than can be filled in-house, so they turn to co-managed IT services to gain amazing advantages, including the nine listed below.
The Advantages and Benefits of Co-Managed IT Services?
- Enjoy After-Hours IT Coverage: Whether it’s the work-from-home parent who is handling their kids during the day and working at night, your sales and marketing team traveling the globe or simply an opportunity to check in from your family vacation, your company is constantly working, even after hours. When you work with co-managed IT services, your technical support people are available when you need them, without having to track down your team at home or out on the town for the night.
- Augment Your Technical Staff On-Demand: Big project coming up? Peak season or unexpected hot sale causing IT problems? Instead of having to hire new staff to deal with the situation, you can simply let your co-managed IT services know the situation and let them deploy the necessary staff to handle the issue, without taking your internal IT team off-task to take care of it. That allows your internal team to stay on-task for your overall strategy and ensures your upgrades happen within your timeline.
- Access a Range of IT Expertise Quickly: Many businesses hire a few IT people with very general experience. That works for some situations, but not in others. When you need an expert, your IT personnel may not be up to the task, but when you work with co-managed IT services, you have fast access to experts in a wide range of specialties, making it easy to get the information you need or have a problem handled by someone who really knows what they’re doing.
- Boost Your Team’s Productivity: Your current staff may very well be able to handle regular maintenance, system upgrades, software patches, and calls to a help desk. But that’s not what you’re paying them to do, nor is it their area of expertise, which means solving the problem will take more time and could cause more harm than good. Instead of taking your people off-task to handle IT problems, you can turn the issue over to co-managed IT services who will handle the issue quickly and effectively, letting your staff focus on what they do best.
- Stay on Top of Your Business’ Digital Security: Data breaches, ransomware, spyware, and viruses can wreak havoc on your business’ digital assets. With hackers getting smarter and finding new vulnerabilities every day, it’s hard to stay on top of all of the potential vulnerabilities to your system. By working with co-managed IT services, you’ll ensure your system is being protected from a wide range of security threats. This allows you to continue working instead of worrying about it.
- Retain Your Focus: As a business owner, you wear a LOT of hats, sometimes a few too many. When you use co-managed IT services, you’re able to pass at least one of those hats on to an outside agency, which allows you to focus on running your business to the best of your ability. With today’s trends in digital transformation, your outsourced IT department can recommend how to manage a few of those other hats with improved workflows.
- Get Help With Your IT Strategy: Going from your current business situation and digital assets to a fully-digitized enterprise takes a lot of work, and being able to visualize or strategize how that path will be laid out can be difficult even for experienced entrepreneurs. Instead of trying to develop a plan on your own which may or may not work well, because IT is not where your expertise falls. Instead, your co-managed IT services will develop an effective strategy.
- Have Products and Services Expertly Recommended: You know that your current accounting software isn’t keeping up with your needs, but which new software program is the best option to move to? Is it a good time to move to a dedicated server or will your website be fine on a regular server for a while longer? There are many issues that can arise in IT, and knowing the right answer can be difficult at best. Co-managed IT services can provide you with solid guidance.
- Keep Up With New Trends: What should you do with digital transformation? Do you need to add a mobile app to keep customers happy? What are the hottest new trends for digital security? You probably don’t know the answers to these questions, but when you work with co-managed IT services, you’ll have a range of experts to help you find the right solutions to your business problems without a lot of extra work for your task list.
By working with co-managed IT services, you can gain the advantages of a full IT department at a fraction of the cost, while gaining a world of expertise. As a cost-effective part of your overall IT strategy, managed services deliver a higher level of expertise and technical knowledge than you may be able to manage in your budget. If you’re considering making the switch to co-managed IT services, Lascala IT can help you understand the value of these services.
Please feel free to reach out today with any questions, for more information or to schedule an appointment with one of our highly-trained IT experts.