Managed IT For Financial Firms
Are you still struggling with an inferior form of IT support? Do you know how IT services for financial firms will help you?
The margin for error in the financial industry is razor-thin.
A single decimal point out of place, a few seconds of delay in a phone conversation or a couple fractions of a percent are all that separate success from failure.
Your IT is a central part of your firm because it helps you communicate with clients, maintain financial records and more. That’s why it’s so important for you to have the right IT support; the consequences of inadequate IT are far too severe to leave to chance.
What Does Managed IT For Financial Firms Offer You?
- Email filtering
- Stand Out From The Competition: As technology allows larger financial firms to extend their services to greater markets, it can be difficult for your firm to stand out. If you’re all offering the same thing, why would a potential client choose you over someone else?
That’s why you need to harness newer technologies that help you differentiate your services – technologies like the cloud. Research by Xero shows that financial firms that have harnessed the power of the cloud have five times as many clients as those that don’t, for a number of reasons:
- Being able to better expand as your staff and principals have secure access to each and every client’s financial information.
- Lower costs in terms of your facility as there’s no need to expand or relocate to better accommodate large equipment and/or added staff members.
- Greater communication with clients in terms of providing them better access to their financial information.
- Enhanced productivity as there’s no need to disrupt your staff to make important updates to their systems.
- Harness Innovative Technology: Perhaps the most important challenge that financial firms face is the constant need to update their technology. You want to have the latest and greatest software programs and network services, but all this can be expensive. To make matters worse, technology is constantly evolving. Today’s smartphones offer advanced features you couldn’t get a year ago.
For many firms, the best way to alleviate this concern is to find an IT company and allow them to handle the technical aspects of your firm’s operations.
- Manage Your Cybersecurity: Both in the private and professional fields, cybersecurity is more important than ever – and for your financial firm especially.
The fact is that the cybercrime business has never been bigger – it’s estimated that the global cybercrime industry will cause up to $6 trillion in damages in just a few years. It remains such a lucrative business because targets – like your financial firm – keep failing to learn how cybercriminals operate, and how to protect against it.
That’s why you need to implement security solutions:
- Email filtering
- Two-factor authentication
- Automated password and user ID policy enforcement
- Comprehensive access and password management
- Whitelist or blacklist external traffic
- Patch/update all IT and security systems
- Manage access and permission levels for all employees.
- Review existing technical controls and take action to plug any gaps.
The truth here is very simple; it’s not a ten-point list, or a comprehensive, complicated strategy. The one thing to look for in IT services for financial firms is a team that understands the financial industry and the technology involved in it.
LaScala IT works with many businesses in the financial industry, due to our experience in assisting clients to overcome pain points and gain a competitive advantage in the financial sector. We are proud to offer a comprehensive range of vital services to the financial industry.