Your firewall is the first line of defense for keeping your information safe. Rely on experts from leading IT services company LaScala IT to take care of firewall management for your business.
Firewall Management Solutions for Your Ongoing Business Needs
Primarily, a firewall is a particular type of solution that maintains the security of your network. It blocks unauthorized users from gaining access to your data. Firewalls are deployed via hardware, software, or a combination of the two. Many businesses also employ data encryption for an extra layer of security.
A Firewall Inspects and Filters Incoming and Outgoing Data in the Following Ways
- With Packet Filtering that filters incoming and outgoing data and accepts or rejects it depending on your predefined rules.
- Via an Application Gateway that applies security to applications like Telnet (a software program that can access remote computers and terminals over the Internet, or a TCP/IP computer network) and File Transfer Protocol Servers.
- By using a Circuit-Level Gateway when a connection such as a Transmission Control Protocol is made, and small pieces called packets are transported.
- With Proxy Servers, which mask your true network address and capture every message that enters or leaves your network.
- Using Stateful Inspection or Dynamic Packet Filtering to compare a packet’s critical data parts. These are compared to a trusted information database to decide if the information is authorized.
Everything above is what you can expect from a consumer-grade firewall, more or less. But what about business-class firewalls?
What Should You Look For In Firewall Management?
The most popular business-class firewalls in use today are next-generation firewalls. These are hardware or software solutions used to detect and block complicated attacks. They enforce strict security measures at the port, protocol, and application levels. Next-generation firewalls can detect application-specific attacks (traditional firewalls can’t). Therefore, they have the ability to prevent more malicious intrusions.
Next-Generation Firewalls perform a more in-depth inspection than standard firewalls. Precisely, they perform inspections of state and active directories, virtual private networks, and packet filtering. In addition, they also come with additional features like active directory integration support, SSH, and SSL inspection, as well as malware reputation-based filtering.
Business-Class Firewalls Provide:
- Everything and more than standard firewalls
- The ability to identify undesirable encrypted applications
- Prevention against network intrusions
- Intelligence in improving blocking decisions
- Intrusion prevention
- A baseline for deviations from normal application behaviors
LaScala IT Will Take Care Of Your Firewall Management
Once you understand that you need a business-class firewall, you have to go about getting one. It’s a lot of work to handle it on your own – but you don’t have to.
Instead, you can choose to work with a trusted, expert IT services company like LaScala IT. We have experience working with firewalls, cybersecurity technology, and businesses like yours – we can help you make the right choice, and handle the set-up for you from beginning to end.