Inside Account Manager
An Inside Account Manager is an important member of the sales and marketing team. An Inside Account Manager is one who is responsible for performing inside sales activities such as maintaining the technology lifecycle and roadmaps of existing clients. In addition, qualifying and gathering requirements for new leads.
- Generating opportunities.
- Demonstrating product functionality to potential and current clients.
- Promotes the company brand, products, & services.
- Maintain client technology lifecycle as it relates to equipment, software, subscriptions, and maintenance agreements.
- Heavy focus on our client’s technology roadmaps with precision and always having them current.
- Engage in periodic outside sales activities such as fielding inbound sales calls and qualifying leads and opportunities.
- Understand and articulate our company’s value to our clients.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the company’s products, services, and new industry trends.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to scale beyond given targets.
- Overly meticulousness while collecting and complying with data.
- Uncover additional sales opportunities whether via phone, social media, email, or a host of other available communication channels and develop them.
- Develop a plan and ensure its execution in order to maximize the revenue of the company and value to the client
- Promote and sell the company’s products to its clients and prospective customers
- Maintain client assets and roadmaps as it relates to their lifecycle
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with clients and new prospects (this is achieved by following up on inbound leads and online evaluations; proactive cold calling; and following up on outbound marketing campaigns)
- Develop Managed Services (IT & Security) contracts, together with terms and conditions of business
- Present periodic reports
- Engage in forecasting, planning, and account resource allocation and strategy
- Make calls and/or web-based presentations to support sales and manage product positioning strategies
- Develop targeted campaigns to increase product & service pipelines
- Prepare and deliver presentations and proposals
- Regularly update customer information
- Diligently develop and maintain a network of business contacts within and around the company’s area or niche
- Must be exceptional with communication
- Must possess a great deal of people skills
- Good knowledge of the computer and its basic applications
- Possess a personal, active, and verifiable network of business contacts
- Unquestionable integrity with strong managerial and organizational skills
- Strong drive to succeed
- Prospect both cold and warm accounts and demonstrate the company’s website tools and functionality to potential customers
- Strong ability to increase the company’s pipeline through targeted traffic and demand generation.
- Ability to consistently deliver new business ideas, and to grow existing business
- Effective selling and presentation techniques with the capacity to influence customers
- Ability to work with little or no supervision at all
- Ability to effectively work with numbers
- For some organizations, the ideal candidates must have about two years’ experience working in B2B inside sales environment
- Minimum 5yrs. experience in technology sales