Your IT Support In Michigan/Ohio
As technology becomes more advanced, businesses are leaning towards outsourcing their technology support. Gone are the days of managing your own infrastructure. Why? Because it’s simply too complex – hardware, software, and other equipment are much more sophisticated nowadays.
If you want a cohesive environment that runs smoothly and stays safe against hackers, it’s important to have experts managing it. There’s no way around it. Sure, you might hire an internal department, but this comes with the hefty cost of paying salaries, benefits, and vacation days.
All in all, outsourcing is the way to go. But what should your IT support in Michigan/Ohio be doing for you?
And more importantly, how will you benefit from working alongside them if they are doing what they should be doing? Here’s the thing… a lot of what your IT support in Michigan/Ohio does is behind the scenes, so it’s easy to feel like they’re taking care of things when they’re not.
We’ve compiled a checklist to help you make sure they’re doing what they should be. Take a look and have a conversation with the team you’ve hired to take care of your technology to make sure they’re on track:
- Monitoring your network around-the-clock to detect and resolve any sort of issues that may occur.
- Performing maintenance on a regular basis including patches, updates, and other bug fixes as they’re released.
- Keeping a schedule for purchases and/or upgrades because technology can become antiquated rather quickly and it’s important to know when this happens.
- Performing and testing backups on a regular basis to make sure they’re valid and recoverable when a disaster happens.
- Training your staff on the latest threats with a cybersecurity training program that keeps your team prepared to face hackers.
- Implementing the right security solutions such as anti-virus software, firewalls, intrusion detection software, and more.
- Helping you comply with industry-specific regulations such as HIPAA, PCI DSS, and other laws that require you to have technical safeguards in place.
- Responding to support questions in a timely manner because you should never have to wait hours, or worse, days for a response.
- Helping you align your technology with your overall strategic plan so you can alleviate challenges, reach objectives, and ultimately, succeed.
If they’re doing all of the items listed above, you’re able to benefit from a well-managed environment with:
- Minimal unexpected support and/or troubleshooting costs:
A proactive approach that involves around-the-clock monitoring, regular maintenance, and comprehensive security measures will result in fewer equipment failures, issues, and other problems that can cost you in terms of lost productivity, repair expenses, and more.
- Lower risk of costly cyber-attacks
If your team is trained on the latest threats and you have enterprise-grade security solutions in place, you’re able to stand a chance against cybercrime, which is becoming more coordinated and sophisticated as time goes on.
- Greater compliance with industry-specific regulations
Keeping up with industry-specific regulations, such as Sarbanes Oxley, FINRA, HIPAA, NIST, PCI DSS, and other mandates, requires in-depth expertise and ongoing training that many businesses simply don’t have time to acquire.
If you feel like your IT support in Michigan/Ohio isn’t checking off every box above, give us a call at (734) 224-4915, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form on the right hand side. We’re the preferred choice for IT support in Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan.