Network Engineer: Career Opportunity
LaScala IT Solutions, Inc., is a leading Managed Services Provider (MSP) in the Southeast, MI, Northwest, OH & Indianapolis, IN areas that offers a full range of IT solutions, which includes strategy, cybersecurity, solutions, support, and outsourcing. Our corporate office is in Temperance, MI. We are advisors to our clients with a focus on their overall technology infrastructure and day-to-day IT needs.
Network Engineers are responsible for designing, implementing, monitoring, and managing the local and wide area networks of LaScala IT and client organizations to ensure maximum uptime for users. The role can include designing system configurations, documenting and managing the installation of a new network, and maintaining and upgrading existing systems as necessary.
Job duties include:
Network Engineers will work in-house or be assigned to project management teams working with outside clients. Network Engineers work closely with Business Analysts, Architects, and IT Managers.
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring, and supporting network equipment and protocols including firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, DNS and DHCP
- Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation
- Configuring firewalls, routing, switching, wireless and more to maximize network efficiency and security
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Arranging scheduled upgrades
- Investigating faults in the network
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Reporting network status to key stakeholders
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Networking Systems or equivalent experience in related areas.
- Fortinet Network Security Expert (NSE5 or above) or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Service Provider desired.
- 4 to 7 years of experience designing, implementing, and administering advanced LAN/WAN Network Systems to include delivering infrastructure projects/operations support, working with enterprise routers, firewalls, switches, wireless technologies, and other network appliances, working with VoIP networks, QoS policies, VPN, BGP, VLANs, and with next-generation firewall and cyber-security tools.
- Must be well versed in engineering and administration of multilayer switches, multiprotocol routers, next-generation firewalls, hosted VOIP, wireless systems, network management, and cloud infrastructure.
- Very knowledgeable in Datacenter advanced networking technologies, including Layer 2/Layer 3 protocols; strong advanced routing skills, understanding of SD-WAN, Load Balancers, Fortinet, Cisco, and Wireless technologies.
- Strong knowledge of AAA/802.1x Authentication, Network Management systems, including Solarwinds.
- Experience working in internet providers, ARIN, and public BGP AS management.
- Managed Service Provider (MSP) and/or Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills by way of articulating advanced