Responsible for proactive monitoring and maintenance of systems hardware and software for managed services clients ensuring high availability and protection of data and infrastructure assets. Operates in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Must be able to tune and validate systems, troubleshoot, and resolve problems and outages.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs. Set up automatic alerts and dashboards.
- Define and administer a patch management process ensuring software patches are applied on a regular basis and systems are up to date based on established principles.
- Assign and delete system account credentials as requested.
- Provide support by investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving issues as quickly as possible following the incident management process. Document up-to-date statuses in all service and project tickets. Interact with third-party technology providers as needed.
- Repair and recover from hardware and software failures.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Document and maintain operational procedures.
- Record real-time spent on all service and project tickets for accurate billing to clients.
- Contribute to a positive customer experience by communicating complex topics in a manner that is easily understood by the client, providing daily communication on open service tickets, and preparing professional reports for quarterly, client reviews conducted by Account Managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline nice to have
- Microsoft, VMware, & Dell Certifications a plus
- At least five years of experience in systems support
- Working knowledge of the following technologies
- Windows 2008 – 2019 Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP o Virtualization – VMware ESX, Hyper-V
- Microsoft desktop operating systems (Windows 7 – 10)
- Microsoft Office 2010-2019, Visio, Project
- Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013/2016 o Microsoft SQL, SharePoint, Lync, Office365 o Storage Solutions – EMC, EqualLogic
- Disaster Recovery Solutions – Rapid Recovery, Backup Exec, Barracuda Professional presence with excellent phone and face-to-face communication and interpersonal skills with a variety of users, including the Executive level.
- Other Software (Nice to have): SolarWinds, LogRhythm, Rapid7, Nessus Pro
- Valid driver’s license and insurance with reliable transportation. Occasional client visits inside of a 40-mile radius from the office location.
- Work required outside of normal business hours as needed
- May occasionally lift objects up to 50lbs – 75lbs