Technical Support Specialist Career Opportunity
Provides technical support, advice, and assistance to clients as the first point of contact. Operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment requiring flexibility. Always striving to provide the highest level of customer service and exceeding their expectations as often as possible.
- Provide professional phone support to clients.
- Maintain the support ticket queue and respond to clients within the SLA while striving for first call resolution.
- Provide technical support by investigating, troubleshooting, and resolving issues as quickly as possible while following the incident management process. Document statuses in all service and project tickets.
- Interact with third-party technology providers as needed.
- Repair and recover from hardware and software failures.
- Install computer hardware & software.
- Follow escalation procedures.
- Monitor backups ensuring that client information is available for recovery.
- Record time spent on all service and project tickets for accurate billing.
- Contribute to a positive customer experience by communicating complex topics in a manner that is easily understood by the client.
- Providing regular communication on open service tickets.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups on support requests.
- Assist senior technical staff as directed.
- Associates degree in Computer Science or related work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in information technology or technical support.
- CompTIA A+ certification is a plus.
- Working knowledge of the following technologies
- Active Directory
- Microsoft desktop operating systems (Windows XP – 10)
- Microsoft Office 2010-2016
- Backup Solutions – Acronis, Backup Exec, Barracuda, Rapid Recovery o Mobile devices – iOS, Android
- Experience in a well-defined support environment with disciplined Incident Management processes is a plus.
- Experience working in a corporate network environment understanding domains, firewalls, switches, etc. is a strong plus.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate patience.
- Self-driven ensuring productive use of time.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance with reliable transportation.
- Work required outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Shift flexibility
- May occasionally lift objects up to 50lbs